Saturday, July 19, 2014

Always A Day Behind And A Dollar Short!

I promised myself that I would be good at posting each and every day. Sorry, I guess I got a little sidetracked in this thing called, "Life."
I think if I wrote each day, this blog would end up being a soap opera and so maybe it's better that I haven't posted much.

This world is going to hell in a hand basket! Just watching the news or hearing of news makes me sick. I think that's what has me thinking about so much that I had to write it down just to remove it from my thoughts.
The plane crash of Malaysia Airlines yesterday, war in Israel, and just seeing our own country falling apart makes you just want to curl up in a ball, hide under the covers, and never come back out.

Being on the torch is the only thing that seems to get me through the day. What was once a hobby that I would do on days like today has now turned into a business. I create because I want to but also, because it pays the bills. (Well it's kind of paying some bills.)
I know it's going to get better and I've seen improvements to my skills because I now sit in front of that torch each day.
Some days, I have no idea what to make. Other days, the images of what I want just fill my mind and once I start, I won't finish until they are all in little creations of glass.

This is what I have been working on.
The flowers were a challenge but they brought happy thoughts to mind. Fields of flowers blowing in the wind. You can't go wrong with making flowers......ever!



Aren't those pretty? And then of course, I had to make dot beads. I struggle with making perfect dots. They are never the same size or spaced correctly. Well, with a little bit of practice each day, they are now becoming more defined and even.





 I'm really happy with the progress I'm making and will continue to do so.

I do wish for Peace however so that every man, woman, and child has the opportunity in life to make something that will help them to smile again.



No comments:

Post a Comment