Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What do you do when you lose your creativity?

What do you do when you lose creativity? It's a question that artists ask all the time. It's sort of like a "Writer's block." and you can try shaking out of it, beating yourself out of it, or just let it ride. I make glass beads! I try and sell them too. (Notice how I said, "Try?") It doesn't help when it's 110 degrees outside and sitting in front of the torch just adds a few hundred degrees to your already soaking wet body. So, instead of torching, I've pulled out the little beads. Seed beads to be exact. The beads that I don't play with that often because they just have a way of frustrating me. I drop so many of those lil buggers but once I get the hang of it, I really do enjoy beading and trying stitches I've never tried before. You could even play with wire. I made 4 rings in just a little over an hour. I've noticed the past few art shows I've done, people were always looking for rings. I had two of them to offer and that's just not enough. So if the heat is on, and you feel like you should be making something, pull out the wire or seed beads and just play. The rings below were mostly made on 20 gauge wire. I do use 18 gauge sometimes but if you want to wrap it around the bead and then around the ring to hold it in place, 20 gauge works better and chances of the wire breaking in half is slim to none. Hope you like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment